Global IQX is looking for Network Admins that are enthusiastic, interested in exploring new technology, enjoy developing innovative products, and love being part of a team. If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow, whether that’s working with new technologies or making the next career step – then perhaps we’re exactly what you’re looking for.
We’re looking for people who want to flourish and take responsibility. What you’ve done is less important than what you aspire to, and are capable of.
Patterns, design, architecture and quality are important to us. You’ll also learn about our business and get to provide solutions to some of the biggest players in the Group Insurance space.
Global IQX is looking for a Network Admin / DevOps person to maintain and enhance our internal development environment and supporting infrastructure/network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
Duties will include
- Working closely and collaborating with the Development & QA teams.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Install and configure computer networks and systems.
- Identifying and managing system/software updates.
- Administering supporting tools & applications.
- Automating builds and deployments.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end users.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Having ideas and being part of the solution.
- Participating in fun activities.
Qualifications for Network Admin/DevOps
- Computer Science / Engineering related university / college degree.
- Experience with network administration.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Experience, or knowledge, of J2EE business application environments & supporting requirements.
- Strong communication skills and team working.
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize.