Canada & USA
Global IQX is looking for software engineers that are enthusiastic, interested in exploring new technology, enjoy developing innovative products, and love being part of a team. If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow, whether that’s working with new technologies or making the next career step – then perhaps we’re exactly what you’re looking for.
We’re looking for people who want to flourish and take responsibility. What you’ve done is less important than what you aspire to, and are capable of.
Patterns, design, architecture and quality are important to us. You’ll also learn about our business and get to provide solutions to some of the biggest players in Group Insurance space.
Duties will include
- Lead and Coordinate the Quality Assurance team and provide test scripts from the business perspective. This will include:
- Lead and work with the QA team on creation of test strategy and schedules
- Participate in the walk through test strategy
- Collaborate creating the UAT test plan for End Users
- Support the creation and validation of functional and integration test cases
- Support and participate in test execution and other QA activities
- Ensures all testing standards are being met
- Serve as a resource and communication point for decisions about test schedules
- Serve as an escalation point for issues involving testing and communicates to VP of Solutions Delivery.
- Provide Project Manager with status, issue, risk, scope creep updates
- Assist in providing input to project estimates
- Will Provide pre-sales answers for RFP’s as well as provide business pre-sales support in requirement gathering and gap analysis
- Will collaborate as a team member forming a Committee for Product (Platform) Planning solutions. This will include;
- providing input for the “out of Box” offering
- Provide input and triage as a team member to all R&D Product Enhancements
- Contribute to the initial defect analysis as a team member in post implementation of CR’s
- Be available as a member resource in documentation of User guides and Client Training
- Provide back up as Business Analyst
- Mentor BA team members in requirement analysis and design tasks
- Support and participate in the development of Global IQX Knowledgebase, Methodology and standard templates
- Support the creation and delivery of product and application demonstrations and presentations.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma related to computer science, statistical analysis or Commerce/Business Administration.
- Experience working as a Quality Assurance specialist.
- Experience of the group insurance/employee benefits industry with Underwriting and Actuarial Experience is desirable.
- Technical & business expertise in the collection of requirements, design, testing and documentation of complex business systems.
- Software product development experience an asset.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of project management and development principles.
Global IQX has protocols in place to ensure a safe working environment.