Canada & USA
Global IQX is looking for software engineers that are enthusiastic, interested in exploring new technology, enjoy developing innovative products, and love being part of a team. If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow, whether that’s working with new technologies or making the next career step – then perhaps we’re exactly what you’re looking for.
We’re looking for people who want to flourish and take responsibility. What you’ve done is less important that what you aspire to, and are capable of.
Patterns, design, architecture and quality are important to us. You’ll also learn about our business and get to provide solutions to some of the biggest players in Group Insurance space.
Duties software engineer
- Designing, developing, implementing, supporting, and maintaining complex web applications, services, and frameworks.
- Evaluates new technologies for fit with the system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process and data
- Identify opportunities for improvements to streamline and integrate technological process to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify and resolve complex customer problems
- Expand functionality on the core engine framework.
- Design database models (tables, relationships, constraints, and indices); Develop persistence layer classes (JPL) and domain entities using Java and Hibernate.
- Assess technical feasibility of feature proposals.
- Conduct code-reviews and mentor developers.
- Linking R&D to product development.
- Working closely with our Business Analyst, Quality Assurance, and Leadership teams.
Qualifications software engineer
- Computer Science / Engineering related university / college degree or higher.
- 6+ years experience with Java-based development is a must (using Spring, Hibernate, Generics, Lamdba Expressions, Streams, and Collectors).
- Experience with relational databases and schema design (writing SQL, HBM mappings, and HQL queries).
- Experience with XML technologies (such as XSD, XSLT, XPATH, SAX, and STAX).
- Experience with Web Services.
- Very knowledgeable in object-oriented design, design patterns, multi-threading and concurrency.
- Experience with dynamic modular architecture such as OSGi is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Proactive and self-motivated