(Ottawa & Toronto)
We are looking for an extraordinary talented UX/UI Designer to create amazing user experiences for user-centric web/mobile interfaces. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UX/UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Responsibilities user interface web developer
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Post-Secondary education in Graphic Design, Web Design or closely related field is strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in UX/UI development and design for mobile devices we want.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related would knock our socks off.
- Proficiency in prototyping tool such a Balsmiq would be excellent
- Experience and proficiency with the common tools such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction would be out of this world.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies a must
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is an added bonus
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- A mastery of web standards, user-centered design principles, knowledge of the software development process would give us the warm and fuzzies.
- Must be able to work under little to no guidance.