Global IQX is currently seeking a candidate to fill a Project Manager position. The Project Manager will be responsible for solidifying the insurance practice, preparing customer proposals, project plans, and resource assignments, understanding Global IQX’s products and services, and committing to a high degree of service to our customers.
The Project Manager’s key responsibilities and activities centre on the successful delivery of Global IQX projects to clients in the Insurance industry and other Financial Services. From the preparation of Statements of Work through to Post-Mortem Project Reviews, the Project Manager will plan the project, assess resource requirements, manage client relations, manage and supervise the execution of project tasks, and ensure on-time/on-budget delivery of project commitments.
The Project Manager must be willing and able to travel internationally to manage projects on-site, from 0% to 25% of the time, depending on the project.
- Develop and finalize Statements of Work (SOWs) for projects, ensure all contractual paperwork is signed/countersigned with a reasonable turnaround time
- Participate in client meetings and high-level requirements gathering during the Inception phase of a project
- Develop and maintain the Project Charter and Project Plan including project control mechanisms and tools, communication plan and acceptance criteria to the Global IQX corporate standard which is based on the PMI PMBOK with key project stakeholders
- Execute key project management tasks of planning, estimating, resourcing, managing utilization, budgeting, scheduling, reporting, tracking and monitoring
- Communicate with Business Analysts to ensure completeness and accuracy of detailed business requirements
- Manage scope, risk, quality and issues, including Issue/Risk Escalation Process
- Manage project change control process including the preparation, negotiation and management of Project Change Requests (PCR’s)
- Participate in Product Enhancement Requests (PER) priority setting and scheduling
- Communicate release cycle plans to client
- Forecast, budget, and manage actuals vs. planned
- Provide guidance, direction and mentorship to Global IQX project team members
- Manage project team on-site and off-site to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables
- Establish production support approach and method
- Plan overall knowledge transfer to client resources
- Participate in the continued development of Global IQX Knowledgebase, Methodology and standard templates
- University degree in an applicable field
- Accreditation under Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Knowledge of project planning and scheduling methods and tools
- An insurance veteran, with at least 5 -10 years in the insurance vertical
- Experience in managing accounts and client relationships, including identification of new services and training opportunities
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and other standard software project management techniques
- A solid understanding of MS Project 2012 or later as well as JIRA
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Proven ability and willingness to travel to locations in North America
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience setting up a project management office
- Experience in other Financial Services vertical(s)
- Knowledge of Java, EJB, J2EE, XML, OOA&D
Identify the position title in the subject line of your email and submit your resume in MS Word format only. Please identify your document with your full name (i.e. johnsmith.doc). No phone calls please.
- Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Global IQX’s accessibility policies. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.