Ottawa, Toronto, Portland, or Remote. (Ottawa or Toronto Preferred)
Global IQX is currently seeking a candidate to fill a Business Analyst position to work remotely or at one of our head offices in Ottawa, Toronto, or Portland. The ideal candidate will have experience in business analysis in a high-tech environment. Exposure to the Group Insurance (employee benefits and group health) or Financial Services industries is highly desirable. The Business Analyst must be willing and able to travel internationally to work on projects on-site 5% of the time. The Business Analyst plays a critical role throughout client projects, from the Inception to the Transition phase, and works closely with clients and the Global IQX team to deliver top-quality solutions. Must be allowed to work in Canada.
Duties will include
- Participate in cross-functional teams to identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and distribution paths, and system specifications. Evaluate existing Global IQX applications, which could address client requirements and develop recommendations where appropriate.
- Document and communicate business requirements, including business process flow, user interface requirements, business rules, use cases, functional/non-functional and data requirements.
- Create and maintain the Software Requirements Specification (SRS) and related design documents for Global IQX Software client solutions.
- Create additional documentation as needed to support client understanding (e.g. use cases diagrams, business process models and wireframes).
- Support the creation and validation of required test cases/scenarios, as well as participate in test execution and other QA activities.
- Perform review and assessment of client issue logs and change requests.
- Collaborate with the development team.
- Provide Project Manager with status, issue, risk, scope creep updates.
- Escalate issues/risks to Project Manager as appropriate.
- Provide input to project estimates.
- Provide input to R&D regarding Product Enhancement Requests (PER) and Project Change Requests (PCR).
- Plan and execute knowledge transfer to client resources.
- Conduct training and system demos.
- Develop an understanding of the Group Insurance industry.
- Ensure application meets client requirements.
- Participate in projects and work with clients to understand their business needs and to resolve business issues (interviews, JAD sessions, documentation analysis).
Business Analyst Qualifications
- Experience working as a Business Analyst.
- Experience of the group insurance/employee benefits industry with Underwriting and Actuarial Experience is desirable.
- Technical & business expertise in the collection of requirements, design, testing and documentation of complex business systems.
- Software product development experience an asset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable in presenting before peers and clients.
- Strong sense of initiative and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of requirements management software.
- Detailed knowledge of project management and development principles such as: SDLC, Agile, HTML, Java, etc.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma related to computer science, statistical analysis or Commerce/Business Administration.
- Having, or pursuing, a CCBA or CBAP designation is an asset